photo taken of newly sheered lamb at Wheeler Farm on August 23, 2011
"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."
- Shepherds actually know their sheep, and have earned their trust and confidence; Sheepherders view the sheep as numbers, and are only concerned on how they look as a leader and getting the task done.
- Shepherds lead from the front; Sheepherders control and drive from the rear.
- Shepherds know the right way.. the only way; Sheepherders are looking better procedures, and quick time saving methods.
- Shepherds talk softly and whisper; Sheepherders use a loud voice, use their authority and expect results.
- Shepherds rule with love. Sheepherders coerce with fear.
- The sheep willingly follow the shepherd; the sheepherder forces by compulsion and eventually find the sheep leaving the flock.
- Shepherds would protect the sheep with their life; Sheepherders protect their own life and reputation.