Thursday, August 18, 2011

PROGRESSION: Recieving more Light and Knowledge

photo of the same rock structure as seen in the "Heavenly Messenger"  post below
(with the sun and black rocks). 
taken on August 13, 2011 
"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts,
to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
2 Corintians 4:6


It is our human nature to want to progress. We live in a world of survival of the fittest. If we are not progressing we are digressing. We have an innate desire to reach higher plateaus, to climb higher.. yet many of us become complacent. We become weak and tired.  We almost prefer others to do the work for us, to tell us exactly what we should do.

On my hike around Devil’s Tower, I saw this huge boulder sitting on top of another boulder. I felt compelled to climb to the top of this. It was an usual rock formation since the top boulder was very flat, almost “alter like”. Once I began to climb it, I quickly found the rock to be much larger, and impossible to climb to the top... at least without any ropes or technical gear. Yet the desire remained and I needed to summit.

So, the thought occured to me to collect rocks and build a foundation that I could stand on. Much effort was exerted to carry and build rocks that fit together to create a "pile" to stand on that would support my weight. It was a tedious process since the rocks were not easy to fit together. However,  once I had built about a 3 foot solid rock foundation, I stood on top of it. Unfortunately, my rock pile still wasn't tall enough. I was a few feet still low. Yet, trying to build a higher mound resulted in the rocks crumbling and falling...unable to support all the weight safely. I needed extra help, since I could not do this alone. Feeling confident and with faith, I counted to 3 and pushed off with all my strength. This was the point of no return, if I failed, I would have fallen back and hurt myself.
When we act in faith, nothing wavering, unseen strength comes to us.  The added help came. Mission accomplished and I enjoyed basking in the sun on top of this “mini-mountain.”. Lessons taught and learned.    

No comments:

Post a Comment