Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our Outer Appearance


"And it came to pass that when Laman saw me he was exceedingly frightened,
and also Lemuel and Sam. And they fled from before my presence;
for they supposed it was Laban."
I Nephi 4:28
Yesterday I took my daughters trick or treating. While a witch and a princess wearing wacky socks/shoes are not all that unusual, my other daughter dressed up as a lamp on a dresser. Her costume caused many people to either take her picture or give her extra candy for the originality. In my previous post that I wrote on the origins of Halloween, I mentioned that people wore costumes to scare off the bad spirits. In looking at my daughter's unusual costume... I can't think of anything better to ward off evil spirits than being a "light". Light expels or casts out all darkness. True light shines from within.. it however is seen outwardly in the way we treat others and follow our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment