Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stark Contrasts: Truth is our Greatest Weapon.

Photo taken of my mom with an armed Israeli militiary police offficer on May 16, 2010
"Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace;
and the God of love and peace shall be with you."
2 Corinthians 13:11
.........................................................
First of all.. I have a beautiful mom. Hope that I can look as young when I am in my 70's. Many of you know that my family and I just returned home from a trip to the Holy Land. A land of contrast.. most notable is the war, violence, and control that has dominanted that country for centuries verses the peace, love, and freedom that came through the birth, life and death of Jesus Christ.
In this photo we see stark contrasts. A man Armed with Guns and ammunition.. verses my mom armed with love. My mom, like all moms represents hope, peace, love.. and truth. Standing side by side with a symbol of violence, war and weapons. I know that many could view the soldier as a symbol of defense (which is a good thing).. but what is truly our best defense against evil? guns and bullets? No. Our weapon is the truth.

"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell.

Observation: My mom is wearing an ear headset to listen to a receiver. Symbolic of recieving inspiration from our Father in Heaven. Do we listen to the world, the televison, newspapers, radio for truth.. or do we go to the scriptures, in prayer and recieve personal revelation from the source of all truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment