Wednesday, June 23, 2010

All things bear record of me

Photo taken on my hike this week of the white mariposa lily

"And behold, all things have their likeness, and all things are created and made to bear record of me, both things which are temporal, and things which are spiritual; things which are in the heavens above, and things which are on the earth, and things which are in the earth, and things which are under the earth, both above and beneath: all things bear record of me”

Moses 6:63
........................................
Due to the late spring.. the wild flowers have been slow to bloom this year. One a hike that I took this past week, I came across this beautiful flower.. the white mariposa lily.
Like all lilies.. they have 3 petals and 3 sepals that looks like petals. Mariposas is Spanish for butterfly. The markings inside the cup of the flower do indeed look like a butterfly. They also look like butterflies from the side.
It reminded me of the Star of David... so I superimposed the star over the photo. The colors are also very symbolic of Christ.. The white: purity and holiness. The red: the atoning blood, and the green: everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment