Thursday, January 12, 2012

EARLY MORNING WONDER IN THE SKY

photo taken along Fashion Boulevard on Monday January 9, 2012

The moon on my first day of school.

"A wise man will hear, and will increase learning;
and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels."
Proverbs 1:5

To make a long story short, I have felt prompted to take a few college classes. To fit the classes around my work schedule and family responsibilities, I go to work early in the morning and late at night. So needless to say, I have many opportunities to see the moon. Because of my lunar obsession and lack of shaving, my wife thinks I might be part werewolf. :) 

I am taking four very interesting classes.  Pathology, Microbiology, Grief Counseling, and a Microbiology Lab.  For those who are not familiar with pathology, it is the study and diagnosis of disease. The word pathology is from ancient greek, Pathos meaning "feeling, suffering," and logia meaning " the study of".

Going back to school later in life is not easy but I have felt this is something I am suppose to do, it is important for some reason. My perspective is different now that I am older  and see symbolism in everything I am learning. I am not sure I would have learned/discovered these things as a 20's something returned missionary.

Grateful for the support that I have received from my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment