Friday, January 20, 2012

The Second Comforter

a photo painting that I gave my wife and my parents for Christmas 

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, 
that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive,
because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14: 16-18
Who is this Second Comforter?

Joseph Smith received the answer to this question through revelation.

“Now what is the other comforter? It is no more nor less than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself; and this is the sum and substance of the whole matter; that when any man obtains this last Comforter [the promise of eternal life], he will have the personage of Jesus Christ to attend him, or appear unto him from time to time, and even He will manifest the Father unto him, and they will take up their abode with him, and the visions of the heavens will be opened unto him, and the Lord will teach him face to face. … “
(HC 3:381.) (Quoted in Ivan J. Barrett, “‘He Lives! For We Saw Him’,” Ensign, Aug 1975, 17)

4 comments:

  1. Could you provide some information on the painting? Who made it? Where can someone buy a copy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I created the painted as a personal gift for my wife and a copy was made for my parents. I am not sure at this time if I will be making other copies. Provide me with your name and contact info and I will get back to you.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I sent a message to you David through your YouTube account.

    ReplyDelete