Sunday, January 29, 2012

MAJESTIC

Photos taken on January 27, 2012 when I went up snowboarding last Friday for my Birthday.
Little did I know that  Brighton Ski Resort was also celebrating their 75th  Birthday/Anniversary.
It was fun to celebrate the day together with Balloons, Free Gifts, Music and Fireworks.

"The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty."
Psalms 29: 4

MAJESTY: Greatness of appearance; dignity; grandeur; dignity of aspect or manner;
the quality or state of a person or thing which inspires awe or reverence in the beholder.

There is a ski run up at Brighton call Majestic. Once a skier/snowboarder has learned all the skills necessary to make it down the mountain safely, the skier/snowboarder advances on from the bunny hill to the Majestic chair lift.  We have taught all of our daughters how to ski. Before you teach anyone to ski, you need to make sure they do not have fear. Usually at the very beginning of learning, I tie rope around my daughter's waist, so I can make sure she does not lose control and go to fast down the hill. Once I feel she is ready to go down by herself, I will ski down first and then have her follow me... that way, I am still able to catch her or cushion her fall. After several times of skiing down the bunny hill and the necessary skills are mastered, we head up to the Majestic ski run. Once you have skied down the Majestic Ski Run, you can then call yourself a skier.



No comments:

Post a Comment