Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SHARP CONTRASTS: Black and White

photo taken  on January 22, 2012 up Big Cottonwood Canyon


"Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold."
Matthew 24: 12

 HOWEVER...

“Be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you;
and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God,
that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.”
D&C 68:6

The righteous way of life stands in SHARP CONTRAST to the ways of the world:

"The gospel offers us not only the prospect of eternal life, but provides us a whole way of life in mortality. Whereas so many in the world see death as the end and the loss of hope, we testify to the reality of the resurrection. Just as immortality and eternal life stand in such sharp contrast to the world’s lack of purpose, so the righteous way of life stands in sharp contrast to the ways of the world. Let us make certain there is oil in our own lamps. Let us live our lives so we can have the gift of the Holy Ghost operating evermore constantly in our lives."

Spencer W Kimball Dec 1977 "A Gift of Gratitude"


No comments:

Post a Comment