Sunday, October 2, 2011

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT

photo taken of a white butterfly hiding in plain sight on top of the mountain
on my 2nd hike on September 23, 2011
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee,
O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent,
and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
Luke 10:21

Quite often times things are hidden in plain sight. We either do not have eyes to see or we don't look close enough. In the above photo is a white butterfly. At first glance, it might be difficult to see. However, it is directly in the middle of the photo. Once I saw this butterfly on the top of this mountain, it  flutter around me. It seemed to be full of joy that I noticed it.
I was able to take this additional picture of this butterfly seen below when it landed on these golden wild flowers. The change from caterpillar to the emergence of butterfly is the greatest change in the animal world.The Butterfly is a universal symbol of change, resurrection, and transformation.

I did a little researched about what specifically a white butterfly symbolizes. White butterflies symbolize a soul of a child. They are believed to be signs of good luck or angels watching over you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment