Thursday, September 23, 2010

Moon setting as the Sun is rising Simultaneously

MOONSET at SUNRISE
Photos of the moon "setting" as the sun is "rising"
on September 23, 2010 looking west over Oquirrah Mountains

Moon about to set in the west before the sun rises in the east

That you many be equal in the bonds of heavenly things,
yea, and earthly things also, for the obtaining of heavely things.
For if ye are not equal in earthly things
ye cannot be equal in obtaining heavenly things.
Doctrine and Covenants 78: 5-6
...................................
Today is a day of balance in the heavens, it is the Fall Equinox. As I have mentioned in an earlier post today is when the skies above, the light and dark, the day and night are "equal". I have tried to document this through photographs of the importance of this day. This morning I woke up not knowing that I would be impressed to take more photos of the moon. I think my family is starting to think I am crazy.. or possibly some kind of "werewolf" since I am always looking at the moon. :)
.
Despite my unusual behavior, I was once again taught this morning of things that that I couldn't quite see before and my understanding was opened.
.
As I took the picture of the moon "setting" over the mountain..I noticed that the sun simultaneously was "rising". You can see the sun starting to shine on the tops of the Oquirrah mountains in the top picture. It is complete Balance. Moon light fades as sun light brightens... at the exact time. So, enjoy this day of balance. We live in a world completely out of balance. In fact everything is reversed. Good is now evil.. and evil is now called good. After today. darkness starts to take over in the skies and the balances scales of light and dark are unequal.
.
It is important to note that as we approach the Winter Soltice of this year... the darkest day of the year.. that is will also coincide with a Total Lunar Eclipse on December 21, 2010... meaning we will not have any moonlight as well. So, For a moment in time..we will experience little to no light from the sun or moon on the darkest day of the year. It is during these total lunar eclipse that the moon appears red.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Werewolf
    You may continue to be obsessed with the moon and taking pictures at odd hours of the day as long as you keep shaving.
    Your devoted wife
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete