Friday, July 16, 2010

Our World and the Moon

I took this photo last night outside my daughter's bedroom window.
It's a world of laughter, a world of tears,
Its a world of hopes, It's a world of fear,
there's so much that we share
that its time we're aware,its a small world after all.
There is just one moon and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to everyone. Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide. It's a small small world
Lyrics to the Disney song 'Its a small world"

Most of us are familiar with this song. Our world is a world of Laughter, Tears, Hopes, and Fears with one moon, one sun. Last night, I happened to look out my daughter's bedroom window and caught a view of the moon before it disappeared behind the trees. (Granted, it is not one of my best photos, since it is kind of blurry.)
I always knew this, but it occured to me that it is the earth that is casting the shadow on the moon. It is our world that is blocking the sun from the moon recieving it's full light potential. How often do we have things in our life that cast shadows on us causing us to not receive the full light from above. Or worse, do we cast shadows on others by our actions that hamper or block out the light for others to recieve?

No comments:

Post a Comment