Sunday, July 25, 2010

One Eternal Round

"Listen to the voice of the Lord your God, even Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the end, whose course is one eternal round,
the same today as yesterday, and forever."
Doctrine and Covenants 35: 1
...................................................

Instead of going to the public firework display downtown on Saturday for the 24th of July, my daughters preferred to stay home and light sparklers and dance around on our front lawn. This photo is of my oldest daughter, Jessica drawing circles with her "magic wand" sparker. (I think she was feeling a little left out since I haven't posted a picture of her yet on my blog... BTW, This photo effect of capturing her drawing an unbroken circle with a sparkler took a couple of attempts.)

What I hoped to convey in this photo is the visual image of what a One Eternal Round looks like. You can not see where my daughter began.. nor where she ended in drawing this "fiery" circle. Similar to the fact that God is Eternal.. without a beginning or an end. We also know that the Lord does not and can not walk in crooked paths.. nor does he vary from that which he hath said... His course is ONE ETERNAL ROUND.

This concept always been difficult for my puny mind to comprehend, however, I know it to be true. His ways are not our ways. Our mortal minds seem to do better understanding a linear timeline with a beginning and an end. I receive comfort in remembering there really is no end especially at times when we experience an "end" or loss in our life. On the way to work this morning, I turned on the radio. The song that was being played was the Beatles classic... ob-la-di, ob-la-da... LIFE GOES ON. .. Yes, Life does go on. A tender mercy from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment