Thursday, April 5, 2012

I STAND ALL AMAZED and AMAZING GRACE


"Just as a man does not really desire food until he is hungry,
so he does not desire the salvation of Christ until he knows why he needs Christ."
Ezra Taft Benson, 1987.
.
A few weeks ago I woke up early in morning with the prompting to put together a video combining the words of two songs. One of the songs, Amazing Grace, is not in our LDS hymn book, and the other one is, "I stand all amazed." The footage used in the video is from the Holy Land, primarily from the DVD, The Eternal Christ. There is only one shot which is of the ocean that is not from the Holy Land which is symbolic in when it is used.


The phrase "was blind and now I see" is used three times in the video. The number three is important and symbolic. Each time you see the word "see" it is in relation to LIGHT and increases in intensity. (from an olive oil lamp, to the sun, to then translucency and emulating light over water.

One of the most important word is the use of the word, "wretch". From the online etymology dictionary a wretch is "a banished person, exile...a stranger in exile. It reflects the sorry state of the outcast, "in misery, in sojourn in a foreign land,"

"Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord,
in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth:
O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh;
my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities."
2 Nephi 4: 17



No comments:

Post a Comment