Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What would you do with an Extra Day added to your life?

TODAY IS LEAP YEAR DAY...
We are given an extra day to our calendar, to our life.

 "Come unto me and ye shall partake of the fruit of the tree of life;
yea, ye shall eat and drink of the bread and the waters of life freely."
Alma 5: 34

I posted a similiar photo to this a few months ago.

I took this photo on the west side of Utah Lake on a drive in between General Conferences Session last fall. This photo includes the barbwire fence that is symbolically keeping us away from the "Tree of Life." 

How would you spend your day if you were given an extra day added to your life in mortality?.. What would you do with it? Who would you spend it with?

Hard question to answer.. but I think if I had an extra day.. and I had not yet had the opportunity to partake of the Tree of Life, like Lehi did with his family...I think I would spend my day cutting down the barbwires that keep me from reaching that tree and leading my family there and partaking of the fruit together.

I think we spend most of our mortal life on the opposite side of the barbwire fence.     

No comments:

Post a Comment