Tuesday, December 13, 2011

PEACE IN THE CHAOS

photo taken of a billboard at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth,
give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27

While Christmas time should be a time of peace... it usually is the busiest time of year for me. I don't think I am alone when I say that instead of peace and calm.. I feel overwhelmed. This billboard has an important message.. despite the chaos all around us.. may we all find peace.

I read this quote today that I really liked that I wanted to share:

We need to realize that spiritual enlightenment is not something which you are going to achieve or accomplish. You are not going to attain earn or acquire spiritual blessings. You will receive them -if you receive them at all- by being open to Gods gifts. He gives freely. But unless we are quiet enough, open enough, and prayerful enough to be apart, to be alone, to be in solemn, careful and ponderous thought, we will never receive what is freely given to all.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, this is a busy time of year. Great post about finding true peace.

    ReplyDelete