Thursday, July 28, 2011

MINISTERING ANGELS: Physical/Spiritual.. Seen and Unseen

Photo of Mount Timpanogos Temple taken by Paul Talbot who captured this for me in my behalf
since I didn't have my camera with me.



“It is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore,
 if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief”
Moroni 7:37

Ministering angels are sometimes sent to guide, comfort, protect, and instruct the Lord’s servants and other faithful individuals in times of need. Angels who minister in our behalf—whether seen or unseen—may include departed loved ones who are aware of our circumstances and are concerned about our welfare. We do not consciously realize the extent to which ministering angels affect our lives.

This photo has special meaning for me. I usually have my camera with me, but on this particular evening I left it home. I was on my way from Salt Lake to give a blessing to a friend who had severe back problems and was incapacitated and couldn’t walk. He called me (on Father’s Day) to give him a blessing instead of his father…since he lost both his dad and mom in a tragic car accident when he was little. The sun was setting as I was driving. The clouds were turning a deep red color as I approached my friends house. Just before I arrived, I passed the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. I stopped to look at the temple with the brilliant sky in the background. Just as I was wishing I had my camera. I noticed a man on the corner (Paul Talbot) taking a picture of this scene. I asked him if he would send it to me. He did, and I post it on my blog with his permission.

Not only does the Lord send signs to us, but people who are there to help us in our time of need. A blessing was given to my friend. He was prompted to have four of us Elders to form a circle (a square within a circle which is similar to the Native America's medicine wheel) As we were giving him a blessing, we all felt the strong impressions that his dad was there with us in the room. An unseen ministering angel. After a blessing of healing was given, my friend was able to stand and give us all a hug. Faith, Healing, Miracles, and Ministering Angels.

The photo is a memory for me of that night. The red in the clouds symbolic of the Atonement of Christ who has the ability to heal us all. We partake of the sacrament every week to remember the blood that was shed for us as we all need access His mercy to be healed.

2 comments:

  1. Good post. Angles do minister, Healings and miracles do occur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing picture. Is it possible to get a copy of this so that I can post it on my wall at home? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete