Saturday, November 5, 2011

WHITE AS SNOW: Baptism and Blessing.

taken after my daughter Sarah's baptism and confirmation and
my daughter Eden's baby blessing on November 5, 2011



This morning, we woke up to a white world. It snowed. First snowstorm of the winter where the Salt Lake Valley received several inches on the valley floor. It was symbolic. Today I baptized my daughter Sarah, and also blessed our new born baby, Eden. The number Eight is very symbolic. It is the age that we baptize. Eight symbolizes Rebirth. Seven days of the week.. the 8th day start anew. It was interesting that there were 8 people who were baptizes along with Sarah today.

I really like the above photo my two daughter dressed in white… especially to see the image of the Savior in the background. The picture of my family against the backdrop of the white snow on the red dogwood shrub is also so symbolic. The shrub is related to the dogwood tree – The leaves of a dogwood tree turn bright red in the fall. The dogwood legend says that these red leaves symbolize the blood spilled at Calvary. The leaves turn red in response to the changing season, like many deciduous trees, but the Christian symbolism of the dogwood tree turns the red of the leaves into a remembrance of innocent blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment