Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Peace I give unto you

Photo taken of a mourning dove in our front yard on April 11, 2010

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth,
give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14: 27


Been awhile since I posted anything.. Just wanted to post this picture... with a little information.The dove is a universal symbol of peace and innocence. In ancient Greek myth it was a bird of Athene which represented the renewal of life. In the Bible it was a dove released from the Ark by Noah which returned with an olive branch to show that the flood was over. Ever since, the dove has symbolised deliverance and God's forgiveness. I thought this was interesting, according to legend the devil and witches can turn themselves into any bird shape except the dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment